Parent Code of Conduct
You are an important part of your Team! You are to model respect and appreciation to the Fort Saskatchewan Soccer (FSS) volunteers, so that your children will also learn from you, alongside their coach. Your participation is to mirror the spirit of FSS.
Parent Code of Conduct Form
Please note - the coach is NOT a babysitter and will not automatically assume the task of transporting your child to/from fields, or caring for your child beyond practice/game times. If necessary, make arrangements with other parents.
- Respect all team officials, coaches, players and other parents. You not only represent yourself on the field, but also Fort Saskatchewan Minor Sports Association (FSMSA) and FSS.
- All parents and spectators in the stands will be respectful to the opposing teams, players, spectators and referees. If a spectator is ejected from the game by the referee a $100 fine will be imposed on the organization. If this fine is imposed, it will be charged to the individual that incurred the fine.
- Respect the rules and the governing bodies of the Sports Associations, and behave in a respectful manner. Follow this chain in addressing issues: Coach, Age Group Coordinator, President.
- Avoid being a side-line coach: unless of course you would like to volunteer as an assistant coach on your team!
- Respect the coach and their decisions. Talk to them in private if you do not agree. Do not malign them to others: if issues arise contact the FSS President.
- Support your child with encouragement, they are hard enough on themselves.
- Accept responsibility for your child’s actions at all team activities.
- Recognize that should there be a situation that requires disciplinary action - it is not your responsibility to fix, but that of the Minor Sports Groups involved.
- Encourage and review the Player Code of Conduct with your child.
- Should you be involved in an altercation, be prepared to leave the field when asked to. FSS would prefer this never to happen!
- When laying a complaint there is a chain of command. Coach goes to Age level director goes to vice president goes to EMSA North goes to EMSA main. If this chain of command is not followed a fine of $500 could be imposed. If the organization receives a fine. This fine will be imposed on the parent who bypasses the correct chain of command by Fort Saskatchewan Soccer.