Update June 6
Good Afternoon Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the Fort Saskatchewan Soccer Board of Directors I regret to inform you that we will be cancelling our 2020 outdoor soccer season effective immediately. The reason for cancellation is of course due to the ongoing Covid-19 global pandemic. This is a decision that was not taken lightly, there have been several in-depth conversations at our board meetings to continue postponing the season. However, with the current restrictions in place this would only further extend a doubtful season well into the summer with no guarantee it would even resume with games. Therefore, we felt it prudent and responsible to cancel the 2020 outdoor season, refund everyone’s money without delay and move onto “Plan B”.
In regards to our “Plan B”, we remain extremely committed to providing your children with an alternate source of soccer during this pandemic with social distancing being the new norm. We will be offering technical soccer session’s for U7 to U19 age groups as an alternative during these unprecedent times. These sessions are tentatively scheduled for July/August/September timeframe as the City of Fort Saskatchewan has the fields tentatively closed till July 1st. Please note that we are working closely with the City to get the fields opened sooner as we know everyone is eager to get out and play right away.
The sessions will adhere to all AHS guidelines and strictly follow the CSA & ASA Return to Play policies with having fun well staying safe being our top priority. These sessions are intended to further develop ball mastery skills, with conditioning, strength and agility built in to help everyone stay in shape. We will provide a more comprehensive plan for the sessions as well as detail guidelines in the very near future. Stay Tuned!!!
Lastly, I would like to thank all the parents that had registered your children for the outdoor season, for volunteer opportunities, and to be Coaches. I hope that this situation does not keep you all from volunteering for future seasons or for enrolling your children in the Fort Saskatchewan Soccer program.
Hopefully, we will see some familiar faces enrolled in our Indoor Soccer season and/or in the 2021 Outdoor season. Please see below for further details in regards to the refunds, if you have any questions or concerns about your refund please reach out to Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort Saskatchewan Soccer Refund Policy
Registration paid by Credit Card:
Registration paid by Cash or Cheque:
Please note that any postdated volunteer deposit cheques will be shredded. We will process the refunds as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience as we work through these.
Once again, I would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding on this matter. I hope to see you all out on the pitch very soon.
Arsenal Program Director
Update May 25
ALBERTA SOCCER WORKING TO SAFELY RETURN TO THE FIELD
Please read the article at this link
Update May 19
Alberta Soccer developing strategy to get back on field. Check out the story at the link below
Update April 15
Sadly our Timbit program, U3-U9 will be cancelled for the 2020 Outdoor Soccer season due to COVID- 19 pandemic. All players registered will be fully refunded their fees. Refunds will be processed to the credit card used for registration unless you paid by cash or cheque. There is no need to submit the withdrawal form.
The Arsenal program, U11- U19 is still going ahead as of now. The Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) league is NOT cancelling the 2020 outdoor season , it is just postponed. Our teams will be playing in EMSA with hopes of a June or July start date. Fort Saskatchewan Soccer (FSS) will reimburse those players who the new timeline does not suit their schedule or do not feel comfortable playing soccer this outdoor season. You need to submit the withdrawal form to withdraw you child and receive the refund. http://www.fortsasksoccer.ca/form/1942
If EMSA cancels their season. we will issue full refunds and we are hoping to put a technical sessions together for August/September to get ready for the indoor soccer season. These as of right now will be offered to U7 - U17.
This decision has not been made lightly. There were many emails and conference calls with the FSS Executive Committee and our governing bodies Tri-County Soccer, Fort Saskatchewan Minor Sports and Alberta Soccer Association.
There is much to consider when making these decisions. The safety of the players, parents, coaches and Executive Committee is our number one concern. We also have to consider the wants and needs of the parents and players, the financial impact and how its going to effect future seasons.
Thank you for the 200 surveys we got back! We have posted these results on the website. These were instrumental for making the decisions we made regarding the 2020 outdoor season.
Thanks for your patience and continued Support!