What are my registration fees used for?
Every year over 1,000 players are registered to play outdoor and indoor soccer in Fort Saskatchewan. A lot of work goes into making it a memorable season for each of these players.
Our registration fees are used to provide soccer to our registered members. Fees are paid by everyone and cover our program costs. All soccer associations basically have the same costs.
Soccer registration fees do not pay:
Coaches - all coaches are volunteers.
Executive Committee members - they are also volunteers.
Sub-Committee members - these folks are volunteers too.
Soccer registration fees pay:
Field lining services, paint, equipment, line painting machine, and machine maintenance.
- Practices are on the indoor soccer pitch (not school gyms) for the indoor season
- Alberta Soccer Association and Canadian Soccer Association compulsory fees for membership and insurance.
- Tri-County league fees, Sherwood Park league fees and Edmonton league fees - fees associated with each of the leagues in which we play.
- Coach training related fees: ASA instructor fees for coach courses, gym and meeting room rentals, coach packages, soccer program information packages, t-shirts.
- Center Referee and Assistant Referee fees, ASA instructor fees for referee courses, gym and meeting room rentals for training courses, and referee equipment.
- Alberta Soccer Rural or Cities Provincials participation fees.
- Soccer's portion of Minor Sports Association administrative costs including: staffing, accounting services, office rental, meeting rooms, telephone, fax, internet, webpage, postage and other administrative fees.
- Jerseys for players and referees.
- Equipment - balls, bags, corner flags, mesh & pop-up nets, first aid kits, cones, ice packs, etc.
- Medals for our younger players.
- Field lining services, paint, equipment, line painting machine, and machine maintenance.
- Indoor soccer field rentals for games and practices.
- Facility rentals for referee courses, coach & player clinics and player assessments.
- Meeting Room and gym rentals for Executive Committee meetings, coach meetings and training, team, selections and various other meetings.
- Costs associated with registration, such as: print and sign advertising, printing of forms and information packages, electronic payment and registration systems, credit card fees.
Due to a shortage of volunteers, starting in 2014 a small portion of the soccer registration fees will go towards paying a sports coordinator to help with some of the administrative tasks required to keep over 1,000 players enjoying outdoor and indoor soccer.